Termites are a consistent threat to Louisiana homeowners. They are destructive pests, capable of causing a lot of damage. While termite season in Southern Louisiana tends to be from March to July, it’s important to know what happens to these pests in the winter.
Do termites hibernate in the winter?
Unfortunately, termites do not hibernate. They remain active all year round, even in the winter. Their daily routines just change a little bit. When temperatures drop, termites like to hide out in their nests underground. But when winters are mild, as they often are in New Orleans and the surrounding areas, termites will live closer to the surface where they can become active. Subterranean termites can even swarm on warm, late-winter days following rainfall.
Signs of a termite infestation
Know what to look out for, no matter what time of year. Signs that you may have termites in your home include:
- Damaged wood
- Mud tubes
- Peeling paint
- Piles of wings
- Small holes in drywall
How to get rid of termites in the winter
If you notice signs of termite infestation, it’s time to call a professional. A local pest control company will be familiar with seasonal pest activity, and they can thoroughly inspect your home to locate active or formerly active termite colonies during the winter – or any time of year! It’s also a good idea to be prepared for when temperatures warm up in February. Contact a local pest control company that offers free termite inspections to be safe.
Year-Round Professional Termite Control in Southern Louisiana
Unfortunately, areas with warm winters are at risk for year-round termites. LaJaunie’s Pest Control offers free termite inspections in Louisiana. We want to make sure your home is protected from pests at all times. Our New Orleans-area termite control services include:
Our Perimeter Defense Guarantee Termite Control Plan:
- Treatment that rids your home of Subterranean termites, so that you never have to worry about an infestation.
- Annual inspections and treatment coverage for the duration of your plan. This ensures that you are never responsible for repair costs in the event of damage.
- We’ll re-inspect your home between regular inspections for your peace of mind.
Pre-Construction Termite Control:
- A plan that protects your home from future termites.
- We’ll perform a soil treatment prior to construction, and include a one-year warranty during and after construction.
- Same-day termite control service.
- Warranty upgrade options include 10-year and lifetime warranties.
Allow LaJaunie’s Pest Control to protect your home against pests this winter – and all year round! Give us a call at (985) 401-7244 or contact us here to get your free quote today!